Thursday, May 5, 2011

day one hundred and six: 32

'make something ephemeral. can you create something using a material that will dissipate quickly, like soap bubbles, smoke, butter on a griddle, or cream in coffee?'

my aunt is currently selling scentsy and she got me one, i ordered the cocoa clementine fragrance. i carved a snail into the wax and then turned it on. unfortunately my photoshop trial ended so i have to get my husband to fix that tomorrow. i'm too lazy to try some other program to put all the images together. i will get it done tomorrow. it didn't melt super fast, but it melted. i originally wanted to make a 3D snail, maybe i will just do it for the heck of it tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. I had to google "scentsy" ... I am still not really clear on what it is - scented wax? If so - how cool that your snail has an olfactory quality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, scented wax. if you go to http://scentsy.net/ the one i have is actually on the website. it's the fern one. there is a light bulb inside that heats up the wax on top.

    ReplyDelete