Wednesday, February 2, 2011

day fourteen: 84

'keep it clean. use a bar of soap to make something new. you can carve it with a knife, use it to draw, break it into pieces, or even make bubbles - just have fun.'

i'm a body wash person but my husband recently decided he didn't want to be a body wash person so he bought a huge thing of soap. he bought irish spring which i thought would be green, but i was wrong. i had been experimenting with paper clay a couple months ago and bought a simple wax carving set to use so they came in handy for the snail i did tonight. he's not as big or detailed as i wanted him to be, but his head snapped off when i got to this point so i ran some water over him to conceal the break and decided i should stop before something else breaks. just like my tea snail, the soap left my hands smelling great!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this one :) i used to carve stuff out of soap when i was a kid in my dads workshop... until i got old enough to work with the wood & tools

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope Grandpa's watching this...I think he is.

    ReplyDelete