Monday, February 28, 2011

day forty: 104

'regress. work as if you were a young child or baby. use the materials they might have access to and/or with only the skills and abilities they have at that age.'

well...my 4 year old niece draws all the time at my house. so i decided to use the same crappy pens i let her use since i don't care if she destroys them and some plain computer paper. this was one of the hardest snails i've done. it is hard to forget things you know and not think about it too much. i kept referring to some of the drawings i have hanging up on my wall, but even still, it is hard to mimic her abilities. maybe next time she is over, i will show her this tell her to draw something like it and see what she does. i asked my husband if this looked like my niece drew it and he said it looked way better. oh well.

2 comments:

  1. Nice! Drawing is hard, but it's good to take ourselves out of our comfort zone.

    ReplyDelete